Polar Husky Challenge
Think you and your students have what it takes to be a Polar Husky? Test your Arctic endurance by following their paw prints across Greenland.
Here's the deal...If you're really tough, looking for adventure, or just want to know what it feels like to hop, skip, or jump the entire length of the GoNorth! Beringia 2011 expedition, then this is the challenge for you.
Team GoNorth! wants your class or school to rack up 1700 miles of walking, running, snow boarding or whatever — you decide. 1000 miles is the same length as the entire GoNorth! Beringia 2011 expedition. Put your boots on, and just add up your individual mileage to see how your total stacks up against the powerful sled dogs.
Logging the 1700-mile trek is simply a goal. Remember, the Polar Huskies are incredible athletes. They are bred for their endurance and their desire to run and pull. Even Team GoNorth! has a difficult time keeping up with their energy level. We just want you to give it your best effort! At the completion of the expedition each participating class will get a Certificate of Participation.
The Polar Huskies will be looking for you! Good Luck.
Trek with the Polar Huskies Code of the Trail
1. Mileage tracking begins February 21 and ends May 27, 2010.
2. Human-powered activities only, please (apply exceptions where appropriate).
3. Decide whether to work as a class or as a school and tabulate
4. Use the official Mileage Form to record results.
Download the form (PDF, 61KB) >>
5. When complete, download and complete your certificate to show off your accomplishment!
Be sure to contact Education Basecamp to have your name posted right here!
Download the certificate (DOC, 365KB) >>